Killing punctuation chars enclosed with delimiters via backward-kill-wor

From: Dmitry Cherkassov
Subject: Killing punctuation chars enclosed with delimiters via backward-kill-word
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:29:16 +0400

Hi list. Here is my question.

Suppose this text:

int variable;
[
 ^

 +- Pressing M-h here will erase ``variable;''. I don't like this behavior.

Is there a functionality to kill only punctuation char if it is enclosed by
delimiters or newlines?

More examples:

int array [
          ^

          + - Pressing M-h here kills ``array'' as well

int array []
            ^

            + - Pressing M-h here kills ``array'' as well

         + - pressing M-d Here kills ``int''

int array [];
int val;

Any ideas?

Could this be resolved by hacking syntax-table? Or we should rewrite
``backward-kill-ford'' and ``kill-word'' functions?