Re: Tried to bind Ctrl-c and to kill-ring-save (i.e. copy) and it *somet

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Tried to bind Ctrl-c and to kill-ring-save (i.e. copy) and it *sometimes* doesn't work with mouse!?!? Very confusing
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 17:08:54 +0200

Chris Seberino <cseberino@gmail.com> writes:

> I appreciate all your thoughts on Emacs.  After reading your
> last email to me I now see that I'm already doing a hybrid of
> CUA mouse stuff and your keyboard shortcuts ...

I'm happy I made you think about this. I guess a lot of people
don't. They go by instinct, and then they continue. That works
most of the time. But if you add a solid dosage of thinking on top
of a sound instinct, it would seem you are unstoppable. That's the
theory, anyway.

> I have keyboard shortcuts I've used for years ...

Yes, this is the old ski jumper/sky diver dilemma. It would seem a
ski jumper is ideal for sky diving. But often, he or she is not
agile enough. Perhaps it is better to just take a guy or girl from
the street, who knows nothing about jumping, and train him or her
from scratch? I don't know. As an optimist, I tend to believe that
you can learn anything, and from any starting point, with
training. Only, with work, family, etc., time for training can be
sparse...

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573