el-get gnuplot-mode.rcp won't compile

From: Andreas
Subject: el-get gnuplot-mode.rcp won't compile
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 18:02:51 +0200

Hello mailing list,

First time poster here.
I've run in to some problems when using el-get.
I tried to update the gnuplot-mode package and now the downloaded git repo
won't compile and I am hoping to get some help. I'm using the recipie from
el-get master.

When el-get downloads and tries to compile gnuplot-mode it exits with the
following error:

CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/bash
/home/andreas/.emacs.d/el-get/gnuplot-mode/missing aclocal-1.13
/home/andreas/.emacs.d/el-get/gnuplot-mode/missing: line 81: aclocal-1.13:
command not found
WARNING: 'aclocal-1.13' is missing on your system.
         You should only need it if you modified 'acinclude.m4' or
         'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
         The 'aclocal' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
         It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
         <http://www.perl.org/>
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 127

I looked it up and I have figured out that in the gnuplot-mode repo I can
run the commands:
$ aclocal && autoconf
If I run the make:
$ make EMACS=/usr/bin/emacs24 gnuplot.elc gnuplot-gui.elc
 cd . && /bin/bash /home/andreas/.emacs.d/el-get/gnuplot-mode/missing
automake-1.13 --foreign
/home/andreas/.emacs.d/el-get/gnuplot-mode/missing: line 81: automake-1.13:
command not found
WARNING: 'automake-1.13' is missing on your system.
         You should only need it if you modified 'Makefile.am' or
         'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
         The 'automake' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
         It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
         <http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
         <http://www.perl.org/>
make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1

Then I need to run
$ automake --add-missing
to get 'elisp-comp'

now I can run automake and the make command
$ make EMACS=/usr/bin/emacs24 gnuplot.elc gnuplot-gui.elc
and gnuplot-mode compiles.

However, this has no effect on el-get as it has not recognizing this
internally in the .status file or .loaddef file.
I would like to avoid this whole mess but I'm not sure how. Is there
something I could add to the recipe file gnuplot-mode.rcp to automate this.
My emacs-lisp skills would be rated as noob.
I'm running Ubuntu 13.04 and the apt version of emacs 24.2.1

Would be grateful for some pointers.
Sources for where I found help:
https://ece.uwaterloo.ca/~hdpatel/uwhtml/misc/systemc-ubuntu.html