Re: emacs verilog mode

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: emacs verilog mode
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 22:52:03 -0600

Paul Cheng wrote:
> Emacs would reformat my verilog file after I press enter/return, is
> there any way to stop it from doing that?  My init.el is attached.

That sounds like the behavior of verilog-auto-indent-on-newline.

  "Non-nil means automatically indent line after newline."

Check the value of that variable.  Set it to nil if you want to turn
that behavior off.

  M-x set-variable
  verilog-auto-indent-on-newline
  nil

If that is the behavior you want to change then you can set that
variable in your startup file.

  (setq verilog-auto-indent-on-newline nil)

If it is a different behavior then please say some more words about
the problem.  And also if you could include a very small snippet that
we could use that would recreate the problem it would help.

Bob