Re: eieio persistent, plus autoloads

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: eieio persistent, plus autoloads
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 18:05:53 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen writes:
> Working backwards, I envision it happening like this: at the top of the
> BBDB code, in a spot that gets loaded before any databases are read,
> there's a line like this:
>
> (load "bbdb-loaddefs.el" t t t)
>
> That file would be full of autoload statements, created by
> eieio-defclass-autoload, for any custom subclass that's been created.
> The question is, how do I get those statements in there?

It might very well be that I don't understand what you're trying to do,
but `eieio-defclass-autoload' is used the same way as the normal
`autoload': you either call it manually, or you use a magic autoload
comment in front of `defclass' and run the files through
`update-file-autoloads', so that those statements get generated for
you. Why doesn't that work in your case?

-David