RE: kmacro-end-and-call-macro repeats macro multiple times following ise

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: kmacro-end-and-call-macro repeats macro multiple times following isearch-forward
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 11:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure I follow you, but If I try to follow your recipe in
Emacs 24.3 (from `emacs -Q') then I see this: Each time I use `f4'
(`kmacro-end-and-call-macro') the cursor is moved to (just after)
the next search hit.  That is what I would expect, and it is also
what I see in Emacs 24.1 (from `emacs -Q').

I did this in `*scratch*':

 C-s e r C-x ( C-s C-s C-x ) f4 f4 f4...

Unless I misunderstand you, if you see something different for that
recipe, then be sure something in your init file is not interfering.

If you can reproduce the problem you see from `emacs -Q' then consider
filing an Emacs bug: `M-x report-emacs-bug'.