Re: is diff-fixup-modifs supposed to work on regular diff?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: is diff-fixup-modifs supposed to work on regular diff?
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 20:46:16 -0700

On 8/10/13, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
> diff-fixup-modifs (and most of diff-mode's editing functions such as
> the killing of hunks) only works for context diffs, because it does not
> preserve line numbers precisely.

Thanks for the explanation.  I will then somehow have to solve the
problem differently.

What I really want is a way to tell Ediff to make certain lines (not
difference regions) context lines instead of changes, even when they
are changes.

Samuel

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.