Re: What are Emacs best uses?

From: Luca Ferrari
Subject: Re: What are Emacs best uses?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 08:25:17 +0200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM, Jason Rumney <jasonrumney@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >       ;; use proxy
>> >       (setq url-proxy-services
>> >             `(("http"     . ,(getenv "http_proxy"))
>> >               ("ftp"      . ,(getenv "http_proxy"))
>> >               ("no_proxy" . "^.*example.com")))
>> >               ;; disable proxy for some hosts

In the message window, when trying to connect and browse an URL I got:

Contacting host: http:80
open-network-stream: http/80 Name or service not known

Now, if I set the http_proxy to leave off the "http" emacs asks me the
username/password of the proxy for 3 times and then fails with
authentication error. The same if I strip off the username/password
from the http_proxy variable.

Any other idea?

Thanks,
Luca