Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 09:31:01 +0300

> From: Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se>
> Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 04:22:03 +0200
>
> [...] rmail, and it doesn't do HTML that well

You are welcome to add that, by using the new eww.el package available
on the development trunk.  The infrastructure for rendering specific
MIME content types is in rmailmm.el.

> there are no threads,

Try "C-c C-n" and "C-c C-p".  Alternatively, try "C-M-t TOPIC RET".

> and sometimes you cannot quit it because the "wrong" message is
> highlighted.

Never happened to me.  If you can reproduce this, or even just
describe the details of the problem when it happens, a bug report
would be appropriate.

> It seems that case-sensitive search breaks rmail.

Ditto.

> Also, rmail saves all mails in *one* huge file (called RMAIL), so
> you cannot get to them by you precious batch CLI-tools.

Try the 'o' command, it lets you file the mails in different files.
You can configure that, such that messages with specific matches in
subject and body are classified semi-automatically to belong to
certain files, and 'o' offers those files as the default.