Menu Bar fonts under Windows in 24.3

From: Smith_RS
Subject: Menu Bar fonts under Windows in 24.3
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 13:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone.  Long time listener, first time caller.

The scope of this question is limited to the Windows build of 24.3 that is
downloaded from gnu.org:

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-17 on MARVIN

I am trying to figure out how to manipulate the fonts in the menu bar. No
amount of tinkering with (set-face-attribute 'menu ...) on the elisp level
makes the slightest bit of difference.

It's documented that a registry key under HKCU\Software\GNU\Emacs will emulate
the legacy .Xresources mechanism, but it's not clear whether the Windows build
follows the semantics of GTK, Lucid, or something completely different.

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. I have a new-fangled
Dell 27" monitor with a default geometry of 2560x1440 and the default menu font
size is too small for my aging eyes.

Thanks, as always.