Re: gnus trying to read news while I want only mail

From: Damien Wyart
Subject: Re: gnus trying to read news while I want only mail
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:50:26 +0200

* Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it> in gnu.emacs.help:
> I want to use gnus only for reading mail, not newsgroup,

You can use (for nnml ; if you need nnimap, adjust accordingly):

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnml ""))

(and also tune nnml-* variables if needed)

Or setq gnus-select-method to nnnil, and have a nnml secondary select
method (the display will then be a bit different), along the lines of
the following example (but without nnimap, except if you need it):
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/gnus/The-Empty-Backend.html

--
DW