Re: Python doc string with three double quotes

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Python doc string with three double quotes
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:43:17 +0200

Am 11.09.2013 18:48, schrieb Scott Reynolds:
Having an issue adding a doc string to my modules, functions, classes and
methods in python. I am using Emacs Prelude(
https://github.com/bbatsov/prelude). When started with --no-init-file the
behavior is not experienced.

A python doc string is surrounded by three double quotes. Like so:
"""
This is a doc string for a function.
"""

When I add the fifth ", emacs auto escapes the last two double  quotes. It
is like this:
"""
This is a doc string for the method
"\"\"

How do I prevent this from happening in python-mode ?

Turning off electric-auto-pair, changes the behavior to escaping the third
double quote instead of the 5th and 6th.

Anybody have any ideas to help me?

Thanks ahead of time!

Can't reproduce with shipped python-mode. Maybe use this?

Andreas