Re: How to run an awk command on file in emacs - using minGW on Windows

From: Angus Comber
Subject: Re: How to run an awk command on file in emacs - using minGW on Windows
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:55:19 +0100

OK this is what I just tried:

I removed my PC's %SHELL% variable (set to C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin/bash.exe)

I removed this line in my emacs init.el file (emacs init file)

 '(shell-file-name "C:/MinGW/msys/1.0/bin/bash.exe")

After doing that I still have same issue and even using ' /Sam/' workaround
doesn't work.  So this move doesn't look helpful.

I do have a folder containing native 'unix' tools, eg awk etc in a folder
on my PC.  So I have the programs - and path set in env variable.

Is there some step I am missing?

I thought problem with emacs and shell was because it attempted to use
cmd.exe?  So I changed shell to bash.exe - and that at least seemed to help.

If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them.