Re: automatic selection during search

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: automatic selection during search
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:38:18 +0200

Am 26.09.2013 um 05:51 schrieb Yuri Khan:

> Is there a customizable option to make C-s not extend selection after copy?
>
> (Yes, I use cua-mode and transient-mark-mode and CUA terminology and
> arrow keys for navigation.)

Me, I don't know one. I used cua-mode for a short period and then I decided:
NEVER AGAIN! It showed (possibly) side-effects I could not understand, and
neither accept.

But, the same behaviour is also shown in emacs -Q: When something is selected
and the point is inside this selection and you start isearch, then the
selection is automatically extended. I could imagine that an isearch hook could
help which first switches off the selection…

--
Greetings

  Pete       (: