`forward-sentence' broken?

From: Frederik
Subject: `forward-sentence' broken?
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 17:38:13 +0200

Hello there,
at least for me the behaviour of the `forward-sentence' function
(normally bound to M-e) in GNU Emacs doesn't work right.

After pasting the following paragraph to a buffer
        Maximilian Karl Emil "Max" Weber was a German sociologist,
        philosopher, and political economist whose ideas influenced
        social theory, social research, and the entire discipline of
        sociology. Weber is often cited, with Émile Durkheim and Karl
        Marx, as among the three founding architects of sociology.

I place the cursor to the beginning of the paragraph, i.e. just before
"Maximilian". Then pressing M-e brings the cursor to the end of the
paragraph. But the intended behaviour is to bring the cursor to the end
of the first sentence, i.e. after the first "sociology", right before
"Weber", isn't it? Is this a bug I should report?
I tried this after starting up emacs by
        $ emacs -Q
Emacs version 24.3.1 on Arch Linux.

Regards