Re: Detect window switches?

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Detect window switches?
Date: 26 Sep 2013 16:54:34 GMT

martin rudalics wrote:
> > Mmm, the documentation of that hook says that "[t]he buffer-local part
> > of this hook is run once for each window on the affected frame,
> > with the relevant window selected and its buffer current." That doesn't
> > seem to leave much room for determining if the relevant window has just
> > lost focus.
>
> Did you try the "global" part?  If it doesn't work, please report a bug.

A quick test I just did suggests that window-configuration-change-hook
isn't even called when switching from one window to another, e.g., with
`other-window' or one of the `windmove-*' commands.

I apologise if my initial description was too unclear. What I'd like to
know is if it's possible to detect when a window goes from being
selected to being not selected and vice versa. Or, alternatively, when a
buffer goes from being current to not current and vice versa. From what
I've been able to find on the internet, this isn't possible.

TIA

--
Joost Kremers                                   joostkremers@fastmail.fm
EN:SiS(9)