Re: emacs-nox (console version) - how to get menus to work

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: emacs-nox (console version) - how to get menus to work
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 10:41:15 +0100

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> wrote:

> Am 28.09.2013 um 09:56 schrieb James Freer:
>
>> I seem to have missed the point somewhere with getting the drop down menus
>> to work (using UK/GB keyboard). The help says M-` and another method is
>> apparently
>> M-x menu-bar-open and also F10.
>
> Can you describe what you have and what you expect to get?

Pete - I seem to get what I'd expect. Go into terminal and type emacs.
Emacs loads.
The menus are across the top; File, Edit, Options, Buffers, Tools,
Lisp-Interaction, Help. A double mouse click on one of them will
highlight but nothing seems to pull down the menu. F10 and M-` will
pull down the terminal window but not the emacs one. Other console
editors I have tried in the past (think it was ne - nice editor), one
has typed double ESC (or another command) and the menu comes down. So
it must be a simple keystroke I'd have thought.

james