Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?

From: W. Greenhouse
Subject: Re: What are advantages and disadvantages of RMAIL and mh-rmail ?
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 15:28:17 +0000

[...]

> Of course, good news is, there is nothing wrong with the
> respooler.

Yay!

> But:
>
>> If you have old mail in an RMAIL file, you can open the
>> entire RMAIL file in Gnus with G f
>> (`gnus-group-make-doc-group') and "respool" it with M P
>> a (mark all)
>
> No matter how hard I looked (I even used Google!), I
> couldn't find any mark all or M P a shortcut. So I wrote
> this

M P a is `gnus-uu-mark-all'.  My instructions were a small variation on

(info "(gnus) Incorporating Old Mail")

where Lars instead (for some reason) uses M P b, or
`gnus-uu-mark-buffer'.  Both of these commands exploit the Gnus concept
of the "process mark" described in

(info "(gnus) Setting Process Marks")

which you'll become familiar with as you do more operations on large
globs of messages.

--
Regards,
WGG