Re: Loading GHCi into Emacs?

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: Loading GHCi into Emacs?
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 00:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:15:14 AM UTC+5:30, Wolf wrote:
> I'm trying to load GHCi into Emacs... I'm using the C-c C-l command (it
> worked on computers at my university, and I followed a tutorial etc) But at
> home, it says "C-c C-l is undefined".
>

> Any ideas how to get this to work? Argh.

1. Do you have haskell mode installed?
2. And is C-c C-l bound as appropriate? [ie C-c C-l is not a global key but
local to haskell mode which will become your major mode if you edit an hs file
and haskell mode has been properly installed]
3. More simply (and stupidly) are you calling C-c C-l from a hs file or
elsewhere?

If haskell mode is correctly set up then when you edit an hs file it should say
Haskell in the mode line. Is it showing?

[And if some of my questions look like gibberish pls ask -- eg do you know what
mode-line means?]