Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:30:17 +0200

floyd@apaflo.com (Floyd L. Davidson) writes:

>>I got help on gnu.emacs.gnus. There hasn't been that
>>much activity there lately, so I thought I'd post it
>>here as well. But I shouldn't have doubted ol'
>>gnu.emacs.gnus...
>>
>>Anyway, I thought I'd share the solution given to me,
>>so as to not leave any strings unattached.
>
> Incidentally, that's a good lesson in why multiposting
> is not good, and why crossposting exists.  Use it!

Never heard of multiposting, I thought "crossposting"
was what I did? In general, at the web, people don't
like crossposting (in the sense I always thought of the
word: posting the same material on several places),
especially at the SX sites they are hysteric about it:
they say it shouldn't even be possible "by definition"
as all domains (in their hysteric minds) are mutually
exclusive (i.e., no overlap). This is nothing short of
madness, and if people were to act on the premise (that
nothing is ever interconnected) society would collapse
in an instant.

I have tried several times to post to several groups,
and then add *one* (the best on-topic group) in the
followup-header. But, in those cases, people didn't care
about that, instead they responded to "their" groups
just the same.

So if you care to clarify, that'd be great.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573