Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to not get the Cc header in Gnus, on reply to mail
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 21:35:39 +0200

>> When I answer a mail in Gnus (with
>> `gnus-article-followup-with-original') I get an
>> undesired Cc header (with my own mail address). I
>> suppose this is some hack to get a "sent messages"
>> archive (?), but I already have that as
>
> I thought this was supposed to be controlled by
> `gnus-ignored-from-addresses': if you set that to a
> regexp that matches your address(es), does that stop
> the cc madness?

That's interesting, I already have my address there, but
in the form of "embe8573@..." - the form I had to ban
(in the other variable, namely
`message-dont-reply-to-names') is in the from
"emanuel.berg.8573@..."

So most likely, you are right, setting up the variable
that you mention will work just as well. But I will only
change if there is some reason that
`gnus-ignored-from-addresses' is a better place to do
it.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573