Re: Ordered font preferences

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: Ordered font preferences
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 22:39:32 +0700

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 8:39 PM, Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> wrote:

> When I insert a unicode character that my main font doesn't feature
> Emacs uses another font to display it.  However, I'm not happy with
> the "randomness" of the choice of the font, as it often messes up the
> height of the line, uses too small symbols, etc.

I use the unicode-fonts[1] package by Roland Walker, but am also
interested in a more lightweight alternative. This one adds a
considerable delay to Emacs startup, in my configuration at least.

unicode-fonts allows to specify the preferred font by Unicode block,
in a relatively friendly Customize UI. This is not exactly what you
want but way less tedious than specifying ranges.

[1]: https://github.com/rolandwalker/unicode-fonts