x-selection-value slow with primary selection

From: Allan Streib
Subject: x-selection-value slow with primary selection
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 12:30:24 -0400

I use emacs 24.3 on OpenBSD-current. Yanking text from the Primary X
selection is very slow, often taking ~10 seconds.  Nothing unusual about
the selection, may be a few words or a couple of lines.

I have tried eval-ing (x-selection-value) and it shows the same delay.

However (x-selection-value-internal 'PRIMARY) is quick. No perceptible
delay.

That's about as far as I got, I'm not very familar with elisp. Is there
a solution?  Since I'm almost always wanting to get the primary
selection I think I could make my own function for
interprogram-paste-function as a workaround.

Thanks,

Allan