Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: Is Emacs very alive, active and improving?
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 19:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Thursday, October 10, 2013 1:01:39 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Rustom Mody  writes:
>
> > At least a partial explanation about why emacs is
> > slipping so far behind vi??
>
> How so? Can that be quantified somehow? What do you
> mean?

Quantified?? No idea
A hunchy feeling?  The only things I see used (in the physical world, leaving
aside net forums like this one) are
- vi
- sublime text
- eclipse

roughly in that order.

I know enough (about) statistics to know that converting my hunch into a hard
statement would require considerably more data than I can muster.
I know enough good business folk to also know that sharp guys use a right combo
of hunches and numbers.