Re: browsing files in huge projects emacs

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: browsing files in huge projects emacs
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:28:51 +0100

aranurag220@gmail.com writes:

> Hey,
>
> I have been using Vim for a while although I would shift to E..macs
> for Org-mode and Slime. When I end up working on a huge project with
> hundreds or even thousands of files, I found the nerdtree vim plugin
> to be the best thing to suit my ways. Also I find dired a little
> difficult to browse through.

I use lusty-explorer which I believe is a port of a vim plugin. It does
lazy/fuzzy completion so generally by navigation is
letter-letter->tab->letter->tab->letter return.

As my project tree is in grep I also use helm-git-grep when searching
for things that I don't know where they are defined. I have another
shortcut to ack-and-a-half that searches down from my current directory.
With all those I find navigating around pretty easy.

--
Alex Bennée