Re: contractor resources for emacs extension development

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: contractor resources for emacs extension development
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 19:41:14 +0200

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Did you set the hooks?
>>
>> In my .emacs I find e.g.
>>
>> ,-------------------------------------------------------------
>> | (add-hook 'outline-minor-mode-hook 'outshine-hook-function))
>> | (add-hook 'emacs-lisp-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode)
>> | (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'outline-minor-mode))
>> `-------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> so whenever outline-minor-mode is activated, the
>> `outshine-hook-function' is called for setting up things. For
>> emacs-lisp-mode and message-mode (and others not listed) I then activate
>> outline-minor-mode by default.
>
> I have them in my configuration file. Is it supposed to work if no
> headling is present?

Yes, because the trick I used is to temporarily convert this
line:

,---------------------------
| --text follows this line--

into a first-level Org-mode heading to make outorg work.

I assumed that this line is always present in message-mode between the
header and the body, so there is always at least one heading (created
in the background by outorg).

Is that line present in your case?

--
cheers,