Re: Emacs mailreader that doesn't move the spool

From: William G Gardella
Subject: Re: Emacs mailreader that doesn't move the spool
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 06:40:52 +0000

William G Gardella <wgg2@member.fsf.org> writes:

[...]

> Of course, this setup might or might not make sense for your
> requirements.  You may have some reason to prefer mbox, but consider
> also that many contemporary MTAs such as Postfix are happy to deliver
> directly to a maildir in $HOME, possibly without the help of an MDA
> helper like procmail.

Another thought: I notice you have an SDF account, so perhaps your mail
is on a shell server where others have configured the MTA for you.  Even
in that case, I think a procmail configuration like mine should be quite
suitable, because MTAs typically call procmail or another MDA like
maildrop at the end of delivery, if the user has a ~/.forward or
~/.procmailrc.

--
Best,
WGG