Precompiled Emacs

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Precompiled Emacs
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 12:56:27 +0100

Hi,

I want to create a precompiled Emacs installation that will work on
Gnu/Linux systems. I could use your help because of my limited knowledge
about compilation.

First off, it seems that I want to build this Emacs on an amd64
architecture? From what I understand it is backwards compatible with x86,
hence will cover most systems.

I tried it out and when I moved the build to another system, I got the
error that libtiff5.so was not found. So I guess I can build with the
option "--without-tiff". But I guess this is only one of few of these
issues I will run into...

How do I best go about this to make it work on most systems?

Thanks!