context around incremental search

From: Josh Stratton
Subject: context around incremental search
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:13:48 -0800

Is there a way to restrict the incremental search such that a selected item
is always centered?  A lot of times I'm search for text and the item I jump
to is at the bottom of the window and I'd like to see stuff under it.  This
seems to happen a lot depending on how code is laid out.  For example, if
I'm looking at how a member variable is set in a big file of classes, the
search item is usually at the bottom of the screen and without leaving
incremental search, I can't tell what's below it (using arrow keys or
Ctrl-L to center the line).