Re: Fire defun by typing keyword

From: Rustom Mody
Subject: Re: Fire defun by typing keyword
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 18:27:43 -0800 (PST)

On Friday, November 8, 2013 1:19:44 AM UTC+5:30, Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Rustom Mody  writes:

> > (Having never used a mac)

> Isn't there a rule against this kind of shameless
> boasting? :)

> Soon, perhaps there wont be X on Linux boxes either. I
> heard Ubuntu is working on their own window system, and
> Kubuntu (which uses KDE instead of GNOME) is switching
> to Wayland.

> I hope Debian sticks with X. If they don't, I'm forking
> the distro into Xebian, while also rewriting xterm,
> urxvt, xclip, etc., into xebian-terminal,
> xebian-screenshot, and so on. Not because there is
> anything wrong with those applications, but I have to do
> it anyway to enforce consistent "look and feel". You
> better believe it!

Yeah I am (one of the many) fed up with gnome trying to look-n-feel
like a cheap button phone without the buttons.

Been using xfce on my debian box and whatever ubuntu gives there --
not satisfactory...

As I wrote in
http://blog.languager.org/2011/02/cs-education-is-fat-and-weak-2.html
all desktops are converging to mac/windows and since windows-8 is more
half-assed than ever, all the other players are scrambling to
'keep-up'!