Re: abbrev-mode can't work in python-mode

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: abbrev-mode can't work in python-mode
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 16:43:34 +0100

Am 11.11.2013 10:09, schrieb Yu Yang:
I have defined some abbreviations for python mode by using code like this

(define-abbrev-table 'python-mode-abbrev-table
   '(
     ("isettings" "from django.conf import settings")
     ("irequestcontext" "from django.template import RequestContext")
     ("imodel" "from django.db import models")
     ("iform" "from django import forms")
     ))

but it can't work correctly. for example, if I input "isettings" then input
a space, emacs doesn't expand to "from django.conf import settings". I have
tried it with all configuration disabled, but no help.if I change
*python-mode-abbrev-table
*to *sh-mode-abbrev-table*, then in a shell script source file , emacs can
expand the "isettings" correctly. so I think there is something wrong with
pyhon-mode.my emacs version is 24.3. os is linux mint 15. Does Anyone has
similar problem?

If you do M-x edit-abbrevs RET, what is the result?
Do you see the abbrevs defined previously?