stack overflow in regexp matcher with gdb

From: Maury, Olivier
Subject: stack overflow in regexp matcher with gdb
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:13:13 +0000

Hello,

I'm using emacs 23.4.1 + gdb 7.6 and when I stop in certain files (that are
rather big : > 10MB and with large, generated, functions) I'm having that error:

error in process filter: gdb-stack-list-locals-handler: Stack overflow in
regexp matcher
error in process filter: Stack overflow in regexp matcher

This is really really painful as I cannot enter a single command unless I do a
CTRL+C CTRL+C for every one of them (even for a print a to set a breakpoint).

I don't know where it comes from, I've been searching on the web and found a
bug report was entered some years ago but it seems it ended here.

Is there any way to turn that thing off (whatever it is doing) so I can at
least continue debugging in a normal way ?

BR,

Olivier