Re: Line number where eval-after-load is defined in my .emacs file

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Line number where eval-after-load is defined in my .emacs file
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:12:30 +0100

Hello William,

William G. Gardella wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:
>>
>> Is there a way to "link" the messages to the `eval-after-load' blocks in my
>> .emacs file by showing the line number where those blocks are defined?
>>
>> Or is there some other way to get such more or less the same type of
>> information?
>
> This seems analogous to the management problem that one can have after
> putting a lot of lambdas which all look alike inside a hook variable. Maybe a
> similar solution is warranted. I would rewrite your `eval-after-load' blocks
> such that each of them calls one named function (instead of an anonymous
> `progn'), which in turn contains all the stuff to be done inside that
> `eval-after-load'. That way, when something goes wrong, the backtrace will
> name the offending function.

I understand you workaround, but I'd prefer to hack `with-eval-after-load', if
possible, to give me the information I'm interested in. This would allow me to
have a .emacs file with less "fat", and to instantly be able to turn it off/on.

So the question boils down to: is it possible to access/save the line number of
where the macro is called (in my .emacs file)?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban