Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 05:03:10 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <ttn@gnu.org> writes:

> I maintain ttn-pers-elisp, last released 2008, but
> churning locally w/ high frequency.  Here are some
> names i've called it (and the class of software it
> embodies):

After a webgrep, I found

http://www.gnuvola.org/software/personal-elisp/

but the topmost hits are 404, like

http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/

The page that works seems to be version 1.59 from 2008,
so that is the "last release". But that was five years
ago...

Without comparing our projects, because I have yet to
open the first .el file, what I do is, I just have
symbolic links in a directory called "conf", then an
alias to copy them to a remote (safe, I hope)
location. I setup this to have a fast backup command,
and not to "release" stuff, but I don't see a conflict
in that. (That folder is very useful as an "index" of
configuration, as well.) Just a thought...

Anyway, this will be very interesting. It all looks
very professional. But what I immediately looked for
and didn't find was a file like PURPOSE. Perhaps
tomorrow I'll write such a short file describing my own
project.

After one million jokes and poems, I am not the
slightest surprised to find this super-ambitious
project.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573