Re: point of "buffer still has clients" message

From: Ian van der Neut
Subject: Re: point of "buffer still has clients" message
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:42:31 +0100

For what it's worth, my use case where I run into this message is as
follows:

I have a function:

(defun kill-buffer-delete-frame ()
  "Kill the current buffer and delete the frame its in."
  (interactive)
  (if (kill-buffer) (delete-frame))
)

And a key bound to it:
(global-set-key (kbd "C-c c") 'kill-buffer-delete-frame)

I run into this message, seemingly unnecessary when I want to kill the
buffer and close the frame it's in. should I call server-edit somewhere in
that function to get rid of it? From the server-edit documentation it seems
that it only kills the buffer if it didn't exist when loaded with
emacsclient. I run emacsclient primarily with the --no-wait option btw,

Thank you,

Ian.

--
One man's "magic" is another man's engineering. "Supernatural" is a null
word.