Re: Gnus does not see new mail in Maildirs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus does not see new mail in Maildirs
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 23:22:48 +0100

Alexis Praga <alexispraga@mailoo.org> writes:

> Thanks for your explanations, it makes much more
> sense, especially for the Sent folder.  By using the
> configuration below, I can finally have new mail in
> my mailbox by hitting "/ N" inside the proper group
> (Inbox in my case).

"/ N" in the summary buffer seems to be
`gnus-summary-insert-new-articles' (check this out with
C-h k and then / N) so no, in the group buffer you
can't do that because there is no argument where you
can provide the group (in your case the inbox).

You could of course set that up based on the cursor
position and so on but there must be a more
uncomplicated way to do what you wish.

> Can this be done from the group list?

Yes, it seems backward, what you are doing. In the
group buffer, what happens if you just hit RET (for
`gnus-group-select-group')?

> When I hit "g", it's the same issue as before, that
> is, the mail is moved somewhere else.

You mean "g" in the group buffer? Can you check out
what command that runs (with the method just
mentioned)? Also, can it be the mail is not *moved*, it
is just not *shown*? I only have new mails in my
mail.misc group. To get the archive "back" (displayed)
I use C (for `gnus-group-catchup-current-all') and then
RET RET with the cursor on that group, in the group
buffer.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573