Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:22:44 +0100

> So what are you saying, someone would perform that
> deep surgery (to get a non-hack cua), and this would
> be an Emacs "suite"?

No, it is the other way around, of course!

Aha! Then the analogy with the Linux distributions is -
well, in many ways, it *is* the same, but purely
practical, to us, it is just a couple of configuration
files. And those are already done, at most we need to
compile them. We don't need any CDs/DVDs, homepages,
listbots, T-shirts ... One .el file will make a huge
difference, compared to a huge distro that changes the
background.

This could actually be the *opposite* to reinventing
the wheel because if there are those suite files
available, people don't have to do that configuration
themselves.

OK, I change my mind. It is a good idea.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573