Re: Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: Why is Emacs so slow when used remotely?
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 09:41:18 -0600

On Nov 30, 2013, at 5:03 PM, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 30.11.2013 um 16:23 schrieb Perry Smith:
>
>> I've also noticed that magit on this set up if painfully slow
>
> Are both AIX machine similar in performance, from the CPU as from the
> graphics card and other hardware?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  I have just one AIX set up that I use
regularly with emacs.

As far as comparing it, for example, with my Mac laptop, it is not as fast and
the AIX host has
essentially no graphics adapter with any type of GPU on it.  But magit (or
emacs for that matter)
isn't particularly graphics intense is it?

Perry