Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: RFC: Flavors - naming significant sets of customizations
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 11:27:52 +0530

>> Now I'm on gmane as well. Yeah, it was only a matter of
>> chaining -
>>
>> ;; (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "Aioe.org"))
>> (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.gmane.org"))
>
> Don't you think that this is a snippet that every Emacs + Gnus user
> should have?  From your own experience, you see that you ended up
> re-inventing the wheel...
>
> If a person familiar with Emacs Lisp goes through this, think about
> people who use Emacs but don't know how to program.

What tricks do you have for people who are in the same locale as you?

Same country, same language as ".se".  The spell-checkers and
dictionaries you use, the input method, the most beautiful font, the
calendar holidays etc.

If you can post list of holidays for 2014 don't you think all people
from .se would be interested in it.

People of same country and language should unite!