RE: turning line mode on/off with defun not working

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: turning line mode on/off with defun not working
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 10:48:46 -0800 (PST)

>> See the Elisp manual - use `i interactive'.
>> Or use `C-h f interactive'.
>
> I can see how to use C-h f interactive.
> How do you use 'i interactive'. I've tried c-x and m-x and
> not sure how this one works.

First, bravo for trying, and then asking for help.

`i' is bound to command `Info-index' when in Info mode.

So to use it you need to first be visiting a manual (in this
case, the Elisp manual) in Info mode.

To do that: `C-h i' invokes command `info'.  Then choose the
Elisp manual.  Then use `i' to find something that is in the
index, in this case `interactive'.