Re: obarray

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: obarray
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 05:17:01 +0100

> That's all described very well in
>
>   (info "(elisp) Creating Symbols")

Yes, that's true. The Elisp manual is great. Thank you,
all of you who wrote and/or provided feedback to that
great book. I'm actually reading it cover to cover as
we speak. But I haven't gotten that far.

I managed to print it after getting the info system to
work. Apparently I had to add "non-free" to the Debian
repos for the emacs24-common-non-dfsg to show up on
aptitude search. Non-Debian-free-software-guidelines! I
thought the GNU Emacs people were the
fanatics... perhaps I should switch team!

Speaking of the manual, is this correct?

> Ordinary text terminals have no way of generating
> non-ASCII control characters, but you can generate
> them straightforwardly using X and other window
> systems.

Remember this method in Linux:

control keycode 39 = U+010F  # C-; - get 39 with keycode
                             # then update with
                             # loadkeys <file>
;; and then
(define-key input-decode-map [?\u010F] [C-semi-colon])

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573