Re: .emacs poser

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: .emacs poser
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 03:52:22 +0100

> My language is "Tamil" (language: "ta").  It has two
> input methods.  With the above snippet installed, I
> can just C-\ blindly.  Otherwise, I need to input a
> default choice for input method.

OK, so you have several input methods for one language?
Is it old and modern Tamil?

Then toggling perhaps makes sense, I don't know. It
can't visualize that situation, but explain if you
care to, it is interesting.

I have another situation, namely I prefer -

0 + a = å
: + a = ä
: + o = ö

- etc. to be active all the time. Though I type mostly
in English I type in Swedish often enough not to want
to enable/disable it each time.

I haven't used it long enough to be able to say if it
interferes with "normal" typing somehow. The :keywords
in Elisp (if they start with 'a' or 'o'), perhaps. But
for elisp-mode, I can add a hook to disable it - I
never do Elisp in Swedish.

To have it "always on" is part of the point to it all -
this (input) method, and the compose key solution - if
I *did* want to enable it back and forth, I might as
well change the entire layout of the keyboard.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573