Re: why not "stripes" in: (let ((zebra 'stripes) ... ; strings vs symbol

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: why not "stripes" in: (let ((zebra 'stripes) ... ; strings vs symbols?
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:39:00 +0700

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:
> Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:
>
> […] When you are used to not thinking
> about types (as in Lisp) you don't want to do that
> again. At least I don't. But please fill me in what the
> fuss is about.

When you are used to thinking about types and to the compiler checking
them and not letting you do anything that is not type-safe, getting
out in the type-unchecked territory becomes a very frightening
experience. Like walking over a bridge with no safety rail in sight.
You don’t want to do that again.