Re: Using VC

From: Dale Snell
Subject: Re: Using VC
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 23:00:43 -0800

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 12:01:20 +0530
Rustom Mody <rustompmody@gmail.com> wrote:

> The VC command C-x v v claims to cycle through the appropriate actions
>
> However I find it does neither
> - push to remote
> - save file
>
> Am I missing something
>
> [Backend git]

I haven't used git with Emacs VC before, only RCS.  However, I
have occasionally been unable to check a new file with C-x v v.
The problem was that I forgotten to register the new file in with
the command C-x v i.  Oops.

If that isn't the problem, I'm afraid I'm out of my depth.  Hope this
helps.

--Dale

--
"Shambling, drooling, bent on destruction and biting people's
heads off... it's either zombies or upper management." -- Ebenezer