Re: emacs24 problem of installation on Debian testing (jessie)

From: Joseph Vidal-Rosset
Subject: Re: emacs24 problem of installation on Debian testing (jessie)
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 16:27:30 +0100

2014/1/5 Ernest Adrogué <nfdisco@gmail.com>

> I would try:
>
> apt-get purge '*emacs*'
> dpkg --clear-avail
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> apt-get install emacs24
>
> Hope it helps.

Thanks Ernest. Finally before receiving your email I have tried to remove
temporary "dictionaries-common" in order to install first emacs24.3. It was
a bad idea: I was after that unable to reinstall "dictionaries-common" and
emacs24.3 was not correctly installed.
I have lost patience and then I have decided to make a clean installation
of Debian testing.

But your message helps: I did not know the command "dpkg --clear-avail".

Anyway, many thanks for your kind help,

Best wishes, and happy new year,

Jo.