Weird emacs segmentation fault

From: address@hidden
Subject: Weird emacs segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:48:15 -0800 (PST)

I'm running GNU Emacs 24.2.1 on a FreeBSD 9.1 system. When I try to edit any
file with an f90 extension (like pgm.f90) in a particular subdirectory
(/home/user/myself/programs/201312) emacs crashes with a Segmentation fault.
If the same file is edited in emacs in any other subdirectory, there is no
problem. Also, if I simply move that file to another file with any extension
such as .py or .c or even with no extension, emacs works with it fine.  This is
really, really weird. It must have something to do with emacs trying to go
FORTRAN mode in that subdirectory.

Any thoughts or pointers?