Re: Timer variable binding

From: Johan Andersson
Subject: Re: Timer variable binding
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 20:52:01 +0100

> In fact you are lucky (or not, depending on the point of view) to give
> your variable a symbol (namely, "timer") that is dynamically bound to
> the 'current timer' at the time the callback function is being run.

Of course, should have figured that out. :)

I definitely understand how this can work with lexical scoping, but I'm not
sure I understand why it does not work in with dynamic scoping. We are
wrapping the function call to run-at-time with a let statement. That should
make the variable my-var available in everything "under" it?

let (my-var=10) -> run-at-time -> *magic* -> callback-function

Looks to me like this should work? But why doesn't it? ;)