RE: Trying to right-align my window on startup

From: Mickey Ferguson
Subject: RE: Trying to right-align my window on startup
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 20:16:07 +0000

> [Let's not omit help-gnu-emacs from the addressees, ok?]

Sorry...

>Why don't you try doing this by modifying frame parameters (via
>add-to-list) instead?  This is how I set the position and dimensions
>of my frame in my .emacs:

?  (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(top . 0))
>  (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(left . 140))
>  (add-to-list 'initial-frame-alist '(height . 52))
>  (add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(height . 50))
>
>I understand that in your case the numbers will have to be computed
>first, but that's just a minor variation, I think.

The problem here is that I want a generic file that will work for multiple
screen dimensions.  A while ago I had tried going down the path you have
suggested here and just didn't know all of the screen parameters, nor how
to convert from one unit type to another.  That's why the -1 was used, as
an attempt at using emacs' knowledge of the screen's right edge location.