RE: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edi

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Search StackOverflow and paste code snippets without leaving the edited file
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 05:18:50 -0800 (PST)

> > I'm not sure that I chose right prefix "C-c o". I hope it will be
> > ok.
>
> Please do not use bindings with "C-c <letter>".  They seem unused
> because they are reserved for customization by the individual user.
> They're the only key bindings so reserved, and we really need to not
> override them.

Yes.  To elaborate:

In the Elisp manual, `i key TAB' shows `key bindings, conventions for'.
Choosing that takes you to node `Key Binding Conventions', where you
see this among other guidelines, right near the beginning:

 * Don't define `C-c LETTER' as a key in Lisp programs.  Sequences
   consisting of `C-c' and a letter (either upper or lower case) are
   reserved for users; they are the *only* sequences reserved for
   users, so do not block them.

If you are writing a major mode, you owe it to yourself to check
the manual for this and other advice about writing modes.
`i convention TAB' shows you, for example, index entries
`conventions for writing major modes' and `conventions for writing
minor modes'.