Re: always white background in compiled emacs24

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: always white background in compiled emacs24
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 11:16:35 +0100

Hello David,

David Belohrad wrote:
> Joseph Vidal-Rosset <joseph.vidal.rosset@gmail.com> writes:
>> 2014/1/6 David Belohrad <david@belohrad.ch>
>>
>>> Result is always white background.
>>
>> I'm using leuven theme also, which is a great theme for org-mode.
>>
>> I have downloaded this theme via elpa and loaded via M-x customize-themes .
>> At this step you can read:
>>
>> leuven -- Face colors with a light background.
>>
>> So, are you sure that you white backgound is not the expected result with
>> leuven theme? Have you tried to load tango or tango-dark for example ?
>
> sorry for mistake. leuven i put into my init file just because the
> others (dark ones like tango-dark) do not work.

As the author of Leuven-theme, I confirm I do have the following line in
it:

   `(default ((,class (:foreground "#333333" :background "#FFFFFF"))))

IOW, I put the default face in gray20, and reserve full black for bold:

   `(bold ((,class (:weight bold :foreground "black"))))

I could remove the "white" background, but the colors are really
customized for a light background.

> otherwise it seems like leuven is great combination of fonts and
> colors. i wish to have it in dark background :)

As I don't use myself anything other than white background, I won't be
of any help here.

But you could always fork my project at
https://github.com/fniessen/emacs-leuven-theme, and try to fix the
colors which aren't compatible with a dark background.

Best regards,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Niessen